True power and business success come from making a choice, educating yourself, putting the blinders on, and making shit happen.
Do you know why most people fail in business? Because they LISTEN TO UNQUALIFIED PEOPLE. They listen to and give weight to the words of the people in the stands. The armchair quarterbacks. The people who are content sitting on the sidelines yapping at the people who are actually playing the game. You won’t have business success, or success in any area of your life, if you let the ideas and opinions of others dictate whether or not you go after your dreams.
Think about it. How many of the people around you have ever started a business? How many have taken the chance on themselves and taken the necessary and decisive actions to move toward their dreams and goals? Instead of sitting on the couch WISHING they had the balls to reach for what they desire. Probably not very many, if any at all.
So, why is it that you allow these people to speak down to or discourage you? Why are you listening to their “advice” or judgments when it comes to you moving toward your dreams and goals? Who are they, to think that they have anything valuable to share when it comes to something that they have literally never done, and possibly never even contemplated doing? And why are you allowing them to take up space in your head?
I’m 99% sure that most of the people around you have never started anything, or taken steps to move forward on their own ideas. Yet they want to tell you how to reach yours. They want to tell you what you’re doing wrong, or what won’t work, or why you should just abandon your dreams altogether. Even though they have NEVER DONE ANYTHING THEMSELVES.
This is EXACTLY why you must do these 5 things:
1. Ignore them. Are they paying your bills? Are they helping you achieve what you want in your life? No. They aren’t. And that means they don’t matter.
2. Hire a coach. Find someone doing what you want to be doing, pay them to teach you how they do it, then add your spice to it and run with it.
3. Join a mastermind full of other people who are doing the work. They won’t tell you your ideas are silly or stupid, and they’ll be there to both encourage you and also hold you accountable.
4. Tighten up your circle. Start by following, and surrounding yourself with, the people who are doing what you want to be doing. Remember, you are the average of the 5 people you are closest to. So if your close circle is full of losers, chances are you’re a loser too. But you don’t have to be. Level up your circle to level up your life.
And the most important piece of this:
5. Stop listening to 95% of the shit you hear! Stop listening to broke people about money. Stop listening to fat lazy people about fitness and nutrition. Stop listening to people in shitty relationships tell you about how to have a good relationship. Stop listening to people who are shitty parents tell you about parenting. Stop letting the ideas and opinions of others keep you from doing and being whatever the fuck you want to do or be.
It’s easy to talk shit from a keyboard, or from the couch. It’s easy to judge AFTER the fact. It’s easy for people who have never actually tried to go out and start a business, or get in shape, or build an epic love story to run their mouths. You can’t stop them. But you CAN stop listening to them. In fact, if you really want to succeed, you MUST stop listening to them.